Phare Pilates is evolved Pilates. We’re taking the framework and then adding and subtracting what we know now from current research, from our broad education, and from what we believe is best for specific client situations from our 10+ years of experience.
„We never want to make a method fit to someone, but we want to adapt a method that helps the person in front of us.“
It may sound paradox to you, but that’s the beauty of it!
Yes, it’s Pilates. It’s prescriptive to an extend and you’re going through certain types of exercises – they’re the structure this method provides us functioning as the beacon, the PHARE, that gives us orientation.
However, the randomisation of it and the fact that we can constantly make changes on how a class is structured and how we can constantly tweak and customise it, is why it is never boring but highly effective, interesting, and most importantly, fun to do!
„Do Pilates not to get better at Pilates but to use Pilates as a tool to improve your quality of life.“
What’s Phare Pilates about in short?
- developing great motor control – controlled movement creating interaction between the person, environment and the taskdeveloping great motor control – controlled movement creating interaction between the person, environment and the task
- connecting with the inherent intelligence that exists within your body
- creating environments where you can challenge it under load and/or stabilisation
- enabling of going through the whole gambit of movement to improve function
- affecting positively on mental, physical, and emotional well-being
- guiding into total body immersion in a workout
Committing to regular practice over time results in positive and lasting changes on how the body functions, reduces stress, pain, and inflammation, and contributes to you having a better quality of life.